Saturday, July 20, 2013

MXR M102 Dyna Comp (Current) (Updated)

Well this is my 4th MXR stompbox.. after Dist+, noise clamp & smart gate (more about them later).. if I’m on dist channel, I’ll rather use Maxon CP101 (coz dyna comp is one of the noisiest compressor pedal out there) but my major use is to tame the Vox V847’s fully toe-down high frequency range and to have that what I call ‘pluck-pluck’ sound in clean channel..

but mind you wouldn’t want to engage it together with the amp’s dist or your OD/Dist pedal together..

But If you consider M101 Phase90 the master piece, Dyna Comp is the venus statue, where in the world can you find such a beauty without arms?

Update: I've switch DynaComp to Xotic effect USA's SP Compressor.. Sweet sweet sounding small little box..

No comments:

Post a Comment